I solved a ClojureScript error today, and after getting stuck with a strange error and scouring the internet for information I ended up on this Github issue thread where I had been asking for help on this exact issue almost 2 years ago! Well then, that seems to me like a great candidate for a blog post! So, in this post I'll show you how to get past the XMLHttpRequest Error that you might encounter when building a ClojureScript Lambda function that makes an http request! By the way, you can check out the full source code for this project here. Alright, Let's go!
Good old AWS, the mercedes benz of cloud server hosts. I was at AWS today, and I got a better understanding of how to best run Ec2 servers to save in costs. ;)
Recently I have been working on some AWS Lambda functions, and I am using the serverless framework to help build and deploy them. However, once I wanted to have multiple stages with different environment variables I was not sure the best way to do it. Here are some things I tried and the command I ended up going with in the end.
Welp, we're going to look at some nodejs code for and aws lambda function here, and specifically the code will be invoking a different lambda function. Although there are a few ways to do this, I really wanted to find a way of chaining lambdas such that they don't have to wait for the one one they just called to finish. It's a bit confusing, but maybe with some example you'll understand what I mean. Well then let's dive right in!
Using AWS CodeStar is really awesome, and I highly recommend it. However, you need to be careful to modify your initial template.yml file appropriately or you'll have random HelloWorlds popping up all over the place. This blog post is about how to modify the template.
The posts on this site are written and maintained by Jim Lynch. About Jim...
Want FREE access to
my daily stock tips
Sign up here:
- Triple Gainers
- Rippers N' Dippers
- Growingest Growers