I solved a ClojureScript error today, and after getting stuck with a strange error and scouring the internet for information I ended up on this Github issue thread where I had been asking for help on this exact issue almost 2 years ago! Well then, that seems to me like a great candidate for a blog post! So, in this post I'll show you how to get past the XMLHttpRequest Error that you might encounter when building a ClojureScript Lambda function that makes an http request! By the way, you can check out the full source code for this project here. Alright, Let's go!
People ask me, "Jim, if you want to do typescript and node.js they why do you waste you time learning about functional languages like Haskell and Clojure?
This is a quick little tip about sharing local variables across functions in your React components. It's something that a fellow developer, Ben, reminded me of in a pair programming session recently so I decided to write a blog post about it!
I had passed the phone screen for a chance to work as a ClojureScript developer for a startup in manhattan, and they emailed me a coding challenge. Basically, they wanted me to make a glorified do-to list using reagent and re-frame. This post is to document the feedback from the reviewer of my code and think out loud about what he / she meant by it and what I can do to avoid the same issues the future.
The posts on this site are written and maintained by Jim Lynch. About Jim...
Want FREE access to
my daily stock tips
Sign up here:
- Triple Gainers
- Rippers N' Dippers
- Growingest Growers