I solved a ClojureScript error today, and after getting stuck with a strange error and scouring the internet for information I ended up on this Github issue thread where I had been asking for help on this exact issue almost 2 years ago! Well then, that seems to me like a great candidate for a blog post! So, in this post I'll show you how to get past the XMLHttpRequest Error that you might encounter when building a ClojureScript Lambda function that makes an http request! By the way, you can check out the full source code for this project here. Alright, Let's go!
People ask me, "Jim, if you want to do typescript and node.js they why do you waste you time learning about functional languages like Haskell and Clojure?
I've recently been building web applications with front-end frameworks like React, Reagent, and Angular 2. I was recently working on an Angualr 2 project and thought, "man, this sure seems like a ton of lines of code", but had no concrete evidence to prove it. After a quick google search I came to this stack overflow question, and the awesome answer(s) therein.
Yep, this blog post is the result of yet another great discovery by yours truly! After making a few AWS Lambda services that automate Twitter activity I realized that I needed to deploy the same function many times, each as a scheduled event in AWS but with slightly different configurations (such as twitter access keys for the desired account, keywords for posts to like, etc). I wanted to keep the same core codebase of logic for each type of lambda function but somehow deploy multiple versions of it, and I wanted to be able to upload the code in one place and have all the places where it's used be updated without having to deploy to each one individually. Here's how I managed to do it!
The posts on this site are written and maintained by Jim Lynch. About Jim...
Want FREE access to
my daily stock tips
Sign up here:
- Triple Gainers
- Rippers N' Dippers
- Growingest Growers